Heinzerling Foundation

Heinzerling Foundation

The Heinzerling Foundation is a private, non-profit organization dedicated to the care, education and treatment of non-ambulatory individuals with multiple developmental disabilities. Heinzerling is located on the southwest side of Columbus, Ohio.
The organization consists of two facilities:

Heinzerling Memorial Foundation (HMF) is home to 104 children and young adults.
Heinzerling Developmental Center (HDC) is home to 104 adults over the age of 22.

Both facilities provide residents with a creative and stimulating home-like environment. Children and adults are admitted on the basis of developmental criteria without regard to race, religion, or ability to pay. All residents are served by a team which includes a teacher, therapist, caregiver, dietitian, nurse, social worker and behavior specialist. Many residents attend schools or workshops outside of the Heinzerling Foundation.
The Heinzerling Foundation is based on a developmental model, instead of a medical model as is the case in hospitals and nursing homes. We provide expertise in a variety of areas that include medical care, education, social and behavioral development, recreation, therapy, nutrition and community involvement, all important in one’s development and quality of life. Our residents enjoy camping, trips to the zoo, movies, Kings Island trips, swimming, dances, and other recreational activities. We encourage the families of our residents to participate in activities and welcome their involvement in every aspect of their child’s life.

The Heinzerling Foundation is licensed by the Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities as a residential care facility. It is certified by Title 19, Medicaid as an ICF/IID (Intermediate Care Facility for Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities). Approximately 98 % of the funding for the Heinzerling Foundation is from Medicaid; the other 2 % is from private donations. The Heinzerling Foundation has been in existence since 1959, more than 50 years. Heinzerling is just as committed now as it was at the beginning to providing a loving, nurturing environment for each of its residents.

For more information about residential care or to request a tour, please contact us by phone or email:
Heinzerling Memorial Foundation
Cynthia Floyd, LSW, Director of Social Services
(614) 272-8888
cfloyd@heinzerling.org

Heinzerling Developmental Center
Pam Basil, LSW, Director of Social Services
(614) 272-2000
pbasil@heinzerling.org

© Copyright Heinzerling Foundation 2011. All rights reserved.